Gluten Free Tiramisù made with Amaretti
Here's a great idea recently posted on www.epicurious.com by Ignacio Mattos
The crunchy almond cookies replace soft smushy ladyfingers for a welcome twist on the classic dessert.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups mascarpone
- 3 Tbsp. dark rum
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup espresso or very strong coffee
- 1 (7-oz.) bag amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons; about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 (6-oz.) glasses or ramekins
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl to blend, then gradually add sugar, whisking constantly until mixture is thick, smooth, and pale yellow. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in mascarpone, rum, and salt; set aside.
- Place espresso in a small bowl. Working in batches, gently mix and turn cookies in espresso 20 seconds to soak. Divide cookies among glasses and top each with 1/2 cup mascarpone mixture. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Dust tiramisù with cocoa powder just before serving.
- Tiramisù can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
credits: epicurious.com, Ignacio Mattos, photo by Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriott, prop styling by Kalen Kaminiski, food styling by Andy Baraghani